Thursday, January 7, 2010

Melkam Genna !!

Melkam Genna, everyone!
Happy Ethiopian Christmas!

Thank you to anyone out there praying for us for today.
It's our 2nd committee date and I am trying to be cautiously optimistic.
Preparing to hear "no" again... but hoping for a "yes".

Not sure when we will hear something. On the yahoo group I belong to for Holt Ethiopia families, someone posted that they were going to the Waiting Child committee today as well, but they got a call last night telling them they had been approved. I won't read much into that... or at least try not to.

I will try to update later. 

3 comments:

  1. Chrissy, I'm thinking they have multiple com meetings for multiple children with families so that they can discuss all of the with the waiting child committee at one time.

    Don't read to much into my dear!

    Would love to hear how it goes after your meeting. Best wishes today! Here's a cool verse I just saw on my friend's blog:

    Psalm 112:7 He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.

    Trust, don't fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fully caught up on all the happenings I missed over the holidays. Oh WOW. I'm praying for good news for you today.

    Believe me, w/ the experiences of the last two days I think I can safely assume what you're experienceing right now. Last night, very late, we received an email from our Coordinator telling us her supervisor was concered that A* had been waiting so long. She basically made it seem as if we might lose his referral. I FRA-HA-EAKED. Today I believe that is less likely..... but the waiting on a wire is so tiring. I pray your news comes quickly and that this thing is in the bag ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the prayers and sympathies!!
    Hopefully we will have news soon...

    ReplyDelete

Drama-free comment zone: