Thursday, December 17, 2009

Immanuel

Isaiah 7:14 - Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
Matthew 1:28 - "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" which means, "God with us."

One of those tricks they teach you in Bible school (world's oldest college student speaking... Religion major at LU) is to read a verse or phrase putting the emphasis on each different word to get the full effect.
I LOVE what happens when you do that!

GOD with us. (God, THE God... I AM... is with us.)
God WITH us. (WITH us... seriously, togetherness/with us.)
God with US! (US... really? Knowing US He still chooses to be with US??)

Today, I know God is in a meeting room in Oregon, in Ethiopia holding three precious babies, and keeping me from picking up my phone and trying to call and interrupt the meeting to find out of they have discussed our case yet. He is with ALL of us today... even as I try to be patient... checking my phone to make sure it is on... checking the clock on the computer... checking my phone again... glancing at the clock again... cursing the slow passage of time as I wait another hour to find out the verdict...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drama-free comment zone: