Friday, February 11, 2011

Only in Tennessee...

... can your children miss 2 1/2 days of school for 1 1/2 inches of snow.

INCHES, people.

You don't even need snow boots for that much.
You could almost wear flats and not worry about it coming inside your shoes.

Granted, I know... it makes ice on the roads... but all the roads near me are totally clear this morning and they cancelled school last night at 5pm for today. Nice.

Thanks, school district people... it's not like I wasn't looking forward to a 4 1/2 day weekend...
but I WASN'T!!

So today, I am out of tricks, patience, and almost out of food. I plan on taking the kids to this new indoor play/activity/fun place that has a coffee bar. Sounds like heaven to me (as long as they have a sound-proof room for Mommies).

I will let them all run around like wild banshees,
 climb on whatever is for climbing,
be loud,
jump off of things,
be loud some more,
and use up AS MUCH ENERGY AS POSSIBLE.

Then we will return home and pretend like its spring and there will be NO MORE SNOW DAYS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drama-free comment zone: