Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This is not Chrissy

I was going to title this entry as "Friendly Hijacking" and then realized that since Chrissy & Paul are currently flying around the world (give or take a little) that maybe that would be slightly misleading and unnecessarily alarming....

Now, I know that you all are saying to yourselves, "who is this idiot that Chrissy gave the keys to her kingdom to?!"

It's ME! Jamey from Zehlahlum Family. I will be your friendly blog updater while Chrissy is getting her babies, finally. Can I get an 'amen'?

Where in the world is Carmen Sandi-- Chrissy? Here's their travel itinerary from now until Ethiopia.

They left Nashville at 11:30 this morning and landed in Newark. They have a 4.5 hour layover to "enjoy" that airport...and then across the ocean to Frankfurt, Germany. From there they'll fly over...the usual stuff I guess...land, water, mountains...I am not a geography buff... and they will arrive in Istanbul (not Constantinople), which is actually kind of a cool place to be I'd think. From there they go to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and will try to unbend their knees after all that traveling. They'll arrive in the same country as their children for the first time around midnight on Thursday night.

So that's two states and four continents in 40 hours (give or take). Let's all pray that they have safe travels, that they are as comfortable as possible, patient with each other, able to get some rest, and that Chrissy doesn't eat any gluten!

I just received this photo of our two lovebirds on a plane to Panama Frankfurt.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear they're doing well so far.

    Jamey, you crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...you are a great blog host. Cracking me up over here. And yes, you can most certainly get and AMEN from me! AMEN! Wahooooo!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Drama-free comment zone: