Monday, December 20, 2010

My Favorite Things (at 4:20am)

Having been told that
my posts have been somewhat
"ranty"
lately...

I thought it was time for a 
change of pace!

So, instead of telling you about the bone scan for baby boy,
and the SUPER rude lady in the waiting room with her poorly-phrased questions,
or the funny thing that a 2nd grader said at the class Christmas party...
I will tell you about my favorite things!

It's hard to find much in the way of
"favorite" things before 6am...
but...here goes!

Since my sweet baby boy has decided that
the 4am hour is the new 6am hour...
I love this:
My coffee pot!
Sing with me now...
"Tumble out of bed and
stumble to the kitchen,
pour myself a cup of ambition,
yawnin', stretchin' try to come to life..."
(If you don't know this song...
shame on you.
Stop reading my blog and go google 
Dolly Parton, 9 to 5.)
Only my song would be titled 
4-9, but who's counting.

Another favorite thing...
I don't actually HAVE these slippers...
but considering the cold tile floor in the kitchen...
I think they would make me happy.

Next on the list...
I can't find a photo online of the grey fuzzy blanket
that stays on my couch for cuddling under 
on cold mornings when it's still dark outside... 
but I highly recommend having one of your own.

Next...
Whichever one of these three wakes me up in the pre-dawn hours.
Okay, so they aren't really lower on the list than slippers, coffee and a blanket.

Most mornings lately, it's the baby boy that wakes up around 4:20.
I get him and put him in the bed with hubby and I and pretend like he is
going to go back to sleep for another hour or two.

He likes to wiggle around...
presumably trying NOT to go 
back to sleep.

And he asks me
over
and 
over
and
over again..
if he is 
"Mommy's baby?"
and I say
"Yes... you are mommy's baby."

It's very sweet.

(Don't get me wrong...
it would be sweeter at 6am...
but it's sweet.)

Another favorite thing?
Chuggington.
It's a relatively low-irritation cartoon that
baby boy really likes for some reason.
He won't sit still and watch very much on TV
but he likes this show. 
And it's on really early.
And there are no singing/dancing/goofy humans.

What I do NOT love early in the morning??

An early Christmas present he got from
his grandparents.
Yeah. 
I don't know what I did to them to deserve this toy.

But, sometimes... 
when he's home...
this guy comes to the rescue.
He's my MOST favorite of my favorite things.
Isn't he handsome?
I know. You can't have him.

Sometimes he wakes up with the littles
and entertains them
while I "sleep in" (till 6).

Sometimes he comes and sits on the couch with me
and we watch the news 
and drink coffee
snuggled under the fuzzy blanket.
And on those days,
pre-dawn looks a lot better.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love it! :)
    How are the first four doing?
    I see they didn't make your "favorite things before 6am" list.
    That's very nice of them.

    ReplyDelete

Drama-free comment zone: