Monday, January 16, 2012

A dream realized


An excerpt from Dr. King's "I have a dream" speech - 

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today."


Dr. King... you'd be welcome at my dinner table any day.

I think you'd like it here. 

Thank you for fighting for the rights of children like mine.
Thank you for opening the eyes of the self-righteous, for blurring the lines between shades of skin, and for making a way for families like mine to be accepted and loved even in this broken, fallen world.

Sisters. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drama-free comment zone: